Based within the Finance Team at the ExCel the role of the Apprentice Finance Assistant will be to assist the Finance Business Partner (FBP) with:
- shopping baskets for Op’s Team and working closely with the on-site team to analyse weekly performances
- Liaise with unit team & head office, purchase ledger and purchasing department to promptly resolve supplier queries as necessary
- Assisting department Manage the stock take process by overseeing the team stock takes, perform spot checks and recording accurately any shortfalls
- Assist with the production of complete, accurate and timely management accounts, correcting errors and omissions and assist in reconcile all key balance sheet control accounts for the contract
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship:
The primary role of the accounts/finance assistant is to complete daily financial and accounts-based tasks and to support the line manager and other team colleagues. You will be supported through this qualification by your Development Coach who will visit you at your place of work every 6 to 10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
- AAT Level 2 qualification and/or wanting to work towards a professional qualification
- High numeric and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a ever changing environment
- Flexibility to travel for event support
- Works well within a team and independently
- Microsoft Excel intermediate/advance
- Pro-active approach
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively plan and organise own work
In addition to any previous experience, have a willingness to learn new procedures or ways of working in line with Company procedures
APPRENTICE FINANCE ASSISTANT
SALARY: £25,000.00 per annum
LOCATION: ExCel London Hospitality, One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London. E16 1XL
REPORTING TO: Katarzyna Pardel-Borzi
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, occasional weekend working
DURATION: Minimum 18 months
Do you have a real passion for working in Finance? Would you like to have a varied role that enables you to develop your financial and numeracy? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Finance Assistant to join our team within the Levy Sector at Compass Group UK & Ireland.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-month period you will be trained to become a fully qualified Apprentice Accounts Assistant.