Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £20 billion turnover, global organisation and the world’s leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
In a competitive marketplace, Compass recognises it needs to challenge the amount and nature of work that is being undertaken across its units so we can deliver world class services to our clients. As part of the world’s largest contract caterer, Compass Group UK&I generates an enormous amount of data through our tills, WFM systems and financial reporting solutions (just to name a few). How can we use this data to make better decisions? Working with the Labour Reporting Analyst, the Insight Analyst will transform data into tools to enable better decision making. These tools might be a dashboard, an interactive presentation, or a written report.
The Insight Analyst will be central in supporting our colleagues deliver the best service to our clients and customers across thousands of sites within the UK and Ireland. Working within the UK Finance function and partnering with HR and Operations, the Labour Insight Analyst will be required to produce and maintain interactive dashboards on these topic areas, using Amazon Quicksight or Power BI. These dashboards, together with Excel, Python or R, will be used to conduct and share analyses in the areas of productivity, labour inflation and absence management.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Head of Insight and Analysis and you’ll be working with reporting and analysis specialists, as well as subject matter experts, but you will be required to show technical expertise in order recommend good practices for analysis solutions. This is an exciting position in a growing and high profile team, with the opportunity to shape how we deliver labour spend information across a large and diverse business.
A typical day
Each day will be slightly different, but you’ll be working alongside other specialists in generating insights. Specifically, you’ll be using data to answer questions like:
- What will our colleague turnover look like for the next three months?
- What are the sickness patterns we’re seeing? Why is it higher in some places than others?
- Where is our labour inflation highest? Why is it higher for some roles rather than others?
- Why has productivity fallen, despite an increase in demand?
Data will be available from a variety of internal sources, mainly SAP (our ERP software) and Infor (our workforce management software) made available through pre-existing interfaces.
Whilst you’ll be welcome to conduct this analysis wherever works for you, we like to spend around half of our time in the Parklands office to learn from each other and avoid silo working.
- Direct experience with a dashboarding tool, either Amazon Quicksight or Power BI
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Direct experience of conducting analysis using quantitative data
- Experience of conducting analysis on data relating to people and performance
- Experience of working in a GDPR compliant manner when acting as a data processor
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working under pressure
- Experience of working in a cross-functional and/or multi-divisional role
- Degree educated in a numerate discipline
- Desire to learn and develop
- Problem solver.
- Expert user of Cognos 10 or Cognos Analytics
- Experience of using Python or R to generate insights.
- Experience of Infor or other WFM system
- Experience of qualitative analysis
- Experience of SAP
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution