We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager to join the Medirest team at Darent Valley Hospital, where you will be delivering fantastic quality of service in Patient Catering and overseeing operation of the Staff and Visitor restaurant. As Catering Manager, you will make sure our patients, staff and visitors have access to nutritious, high-quality food and drink when they need it.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Manager to lead a motivated, well-trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable unit and ensure all budget targets and KPI’s are not just achieved but exceeded.
On a day-to-day basis our Catering Manager will plan, organise and control the busy catering operation, ensuring a successful and efficient catering service is provided to patients, staff and visitors within the hospital.
- Organise and supervise the patient catering and restaurant units in accordance with, and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. Ensuring that great quality, consistent food and beverage services are provided across the hospital.
- Communicate, motivate and guide effectively your management team and catering staff on a daily basis. Set clear operational responsibilities for your management team and monitor their performance against their individual areas of responsibility.
- Communicate regularly with Trust representatives and engage with your customers to understand performance and satisfaction levels, dealing quickly and professionally with concerns or complaints. Promoting the unit and acting as a Medirest/Compass advocate at all times.
- Work with the Trust Dieticians to plan individual menus for patients requiring special diets, taking into account nutritional standards and medical requirements, such as low fat, gluten free, vegetarian, etc
- Be responsible for the management, recruitment, development, and training of team members.
- Deliver on the agreed financial budget and run commercially in line with net income and cost targets. Ensuring the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the agreed standard and seek feedback on the food and service provided.
Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise your performance as well as the teams. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll provide our customers with great service.
You will be a person who is motivated by a passion for quality food and great service delivery and can manage the financial aspects of the operations.
You will have:
- Experience of managing a large catering team and budget
- Great organisational skills and proven leadership ability
- Exceptional people skills, both customer facing and with members of the team
- An ability to work calmly under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards including food hygiene and health & safety
- Computer literate with sound financial and commercial acumen
- Level 4 food safety qualification
£35,000 per Annum
40 hours per week, 5 Days per week (some out of hours work required on occasion)
Based in Darent Valley Hospital
Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork