SENIOR SALES MANAGER (Hybrid) Our Sports Travel client is a Global Brand with the greatest sporting events at its core, delivering industry leading events like nowhere else. They are proud to offer the best travel programs to the greatest sporting events – Football and Rugby World Cups, Olympic Games, Formula 1, Grand Slams, Champions League, among others and was the tour operator with the highest number of passengers from the United Kingdom transported to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and the 2018 World Cup in Russia. It is a company that is passionate about offering high-quality service, value and competitive prices and making every favourite sporting event, a unique moment.
Due to the company’s ongoing development, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Sales Manager to join their fast-growing team. The successful candidate will use their strong creative focus on planning, implementing, and optimizing a new sales strategy, supported by the COO. A deep understanding of the business concepts alongside a passion for sales are vital to succeed within this role.
- Strategy: plays a strategic role in building creative B2C and B2B sales strategies that are focused on consumer satisfaction and revenue generation for the business
- Analytics: plays an analytical role in conducting research and performing analyses on the performance of the sales department ensuring prompt delivery and accuracy of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to senior management
- Industry Participation: has a duty to represent the business beyond the sales department
- Relationship: has a responsibility in the development and maintenance of relationships on behalf of the sales department and the business as a whole, for example, between the consumers and external partners
- Knowledge and Opportunity: has a duty to identify and develop new market opportunities for the business
- Collaboration: plays a collaborative role, partnering up with the finance department to ensure availability of sufficient funds for the sales department in order to ensure optimal performance
Role and Responsibilities:
To oversee all commercial sales and to assist with commercial growth in all areas, this includes developing new income streams, managing expenditure, and creating tenders
- To maximize team revenue and profit through effective team management, by using a sales platform and use of commercial management techniques
- To manage the sales team, ensuring all KPI’s and standards are met
- To assist in proactively selling hospitality packages
- To oversee the management of accounts of new commercial clients to ensure their satisfaction, secure repeat business and, if appropriate, increase revenue through up-selling
- To deliver excellent and ‘best-in-class’ customer service within the commercial hospitality areas to meet/exceed the commercial clients and guests’ expectations
- Create weekly finance reports to share with COO
- Develop and implement new commercial inventory
- Generate and award tenders for different commercial areas
- Be included in all new development meetings with Operations team, with the objective to maximize commercial growth
- To work with the Senior Management Team on developing new initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years Sales Management experience
- Travel Industry / Sports Hospitality background
- Tenacious and innovative approach to sales
- Ability to initiate and build relationships and to to close commercial deals
- Professional personal presentation
- Good organizational skills, confident presentation skills
- Thrives under pressure and when tasked to meet ambitious targets
- Leadership - Has vision. Shapes the future of the department and ensures it remains highly competitive and gets where it needs to go
- Preparation - Thinks carefully and deeply, sets the department up for success
- Execution - Gets the team running efficiently and successfully on a daily basis. A well-oiled highly effective machine
- Review - Continuously improves the execution, renews and future proofs the business
- Results Focused - Highly consistent in meeting sales results and expectations across all targeted areas
- People Skills - Motivates, guides, and empowers people to consistently achieve and improve.
- Creative Thinking - Discovers new opportunities by challenging the existing practices and using innovative thinking
- A highly competitive base salary of £60,000 - £70,000 per annum, negotiable, plus £20% performance related bonus based on annual salary, and additional team performance bonus
- Exciting benefits, Hybrid working, Great industry perks
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying