We are currently looking for a talented Sous Chef to support our Head Chef in our brilliant catering team at our Somerset care home, Oaktree Court.
Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC, Oaktree Court is a beautiful home set in 12 acres of spectacular Somerset countryside.
Who you are
Whether you’re new to care or have years of experience, you understand the importance of creating a nutritious & personal dining experience to enrich the lives of your residents.
You know how a meal can stimulate a wonderful memory, how dining together creates friendship and the feeling of family. It’s what you are so passionate about.
The day to day
- Responsible for preparing locally sourced, nutritional seasonal menus.
- Supporting our Clinical teams to develop menus that cater to residents’ individual dietary needs and preferences.
- Working alongside the Head Chef to maintain good stock control including liaising with suppliers/management to ensure correct stock levels.
- Ensure each communal area is always well stocked with the correct refreshments and snacks.
- With strong organisational skills, you will work within company policies, procedures and budgets.
- You will also ensure that all relevant Health & Safety guidelines such as COSHH and HACCP are strictly followed.
- You will lead be passionate to deliver consistently high standards & an exceptional resident dining experience.
- As part of the role, you may be required to work some weekends.
- In line with mandatory Government vaccination guidelines, we require you to be double vaccinated with an approved Covid-19 Vaccine by 11.11.21 to be able to work in a care home.
Your experience & qualifications
- Previous experience in a catering environment (Essential)
- NVQ Level 3 in Catering (Essential)
- An interest in menu planning to cater to specific & prescribed dietary needs (incl modified textures & therapeutic diets) (Beneficial)
- Experience in working within food margins, stock ordering & control.
- A talented communicator, someone who will build great relationships with their team, the wider Majesticare family & external stakeholder, residents and their families.
Why join our team
- £10.74 p/h
- 24 Hours per week
- 7am -6pm 3 days per week, including alternate weekends.
- A full induction & excellent career development.
- Access to literally 1000’s of high-street, leisure & retail discounts & savings through our STAR hub!
- 28 days Annual leave including BH
- Paid breaks
- Majesticare Wellbeing Hub advice to support improving financial, mental & physical well-being.
- Employee referral program (Care Friends)– offering up to £2000 per employee referral!
- Rewards & recognition company culture
- Annual STAR awards night – nominated & recognised by the whole Majesticare family.
- Paid for DBS check & uniforms
Dedicated to creating outstanding homes to live and work.
Don’t miss this brilliant career opportunity, apply NOW!