Group Sales and Reservations Agent
Imperial Hotels London – based at Royal National Hotel
40 hours a week (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm inc. Bank Holidays)
£24,000.00 + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering a world class customer service, finding solutions to meet our guests needs, ensuring that they continue to return to Imperial London Hotels.
As Group Reservations Agent you are the first point of contact that our guests have with Imperial London Hotels, building rapport and trust quickly over the telephone, understanding their individual requirements to enjoy a memorable stay at one of our 7 London hotels.
What you’ll be doing
Your key duties will be as follows:
- First point of contact with our guests, travel agents or other third-party partners ensuring that any disputes are resolved in an efficient and professional manner.
- Responds promptly with reservations for Imperial London Hotel group and updates and amends bookings through Opera, ensuring that all bookings are accurately entered into the system.
- Responds positively to all sales enquiries and is able to convert enquiries into future bookings.
- Takes payment or advanced deposits for group and individual bookings.
- Where required books group meals and other sundry items with relevant departments and staff members
- Provides our guests with good knowledge of our hotel facilities, public areas, restaurants and bedroom types, upselling where possible.
- Keeps up to date and provides information on new and current offers, packages, price and information about the hotels in the group.
- Makes considered and throughout booking and allocation decision based on availability and knowledge of prevailing market conditions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with Central Reservations Office to ensure maximum occupancy and revenue targets are achieved.
What we’d like from you
- Previous experience gained in a Reservations or Call Centre environment
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English
- Has a genuine interest in providing the best service for the customer
- Has a confident and engaging telephone manner with ability to build rapport quickly.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve ensuring that any complaints are resolved in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills with the ability to balance different priorities
- Flexible and reliable to work allocated shifts
- Working knowledge of Opera would be beneficial
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Discounted room rate across our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel) and Friend and Family discounted room rates (Check)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets