B2C Cruise Manager, London (Hybrid) - Our client is an award-winning luxury UK tour operator with an expanding global portfolio in the travel sector. Established for several decades and independently owned, they are now looking to continue their Product expansion through the launch of a dedicated Cruise programme.
This brand is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate Cruise Manager to continue implementation of the newly created Cruise department. The successful candidate should have first-hand experience of successfully developing and managing Cruise Product and must demonstrate effective sales & negotiation skills. The successful candidate will be expected to manage a small team of Sales Consultants and will be required to work collaboratively with Sales, Commercial and Marketing departments. Whilst the successful candidate will lead and manage, there would also be the requirement to ‘get your hands dirty’ and lead by example in selling our client’s new Cruise product.
On offer is an exciting and challenging role which demands a natural leader with a drive to improve success at all levels across the business. The candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and will contribute to the broader company strategy as well as analysing business performance in line with our company KPIs.
- Working alongside Senior Management and Directors, you will create and implement the strategy to launch and develop the Cruise programme
- Working alongside various departments across the business, you will ensure the end-to-end process for the Cruise programme is effective and delivers results
- Lead and manage a small team of Sales Consultants through on-going coaching, KPI targets and professional development
- Negotiate contracts to ensure our client has the most lucrative commercial terms
- Provide regular KPI reporting to the Senior Management team
- Adopt a hands-on approach and be involved in the selling of the new Cruise programme, liaising directly with customers via both phone and email
- Work with Marketing department to ensure Cruise Product is promoted on website and relevant marketing channels
- Keep up to date with the latest industry/competitor developments to ensure you remain ahead of competitors
Required Experience & Characteristics
- An in-depth knowledge of Ocean & River Cruising
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial Cruise position (must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of generating sales)
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Ability to encourage, motivate and identify training needs
- A strong fundamental understanding of business KPIs, the ability to demonstrate strategic capability and must be commercially astute
- Tenacious and determined mindset with the ability to work well under pressure
- A highly competitive base salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, negotiable, plus a performance related bonus OTE £55k - £60k
- Exciting benefits
- Hybrid working
- Great industry perks
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying