Travel Operations Executive
This leading specialist travel company are passionate about providing meaningful, inspiring and innovative holidays & educational trips to a range of destinations hand picked by their team of experts who have first hand, in depth product knowledge. They have a vacancy for a Travel Operations Executive to join them in this varied operational role to provide an exceptional service to customers throughout their booking journey as well as pre and post travel.
Travel Operations Executive - Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist customers throughout the booking process, providing destination & general advice and administer confirmed bookings ensuring customers are kept updated and fully supported.
- Creation of itineraries and documentation for each school or customer.
- Produce accurate documentation including confirmations, invoice & itineraries for schools & customers and liaise with flights team to ensure tickets are issued correctly.
- Keep up to date records to ensure deadlines are met in relation to additional information required & balance payments etc.
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure all elements of the trip are confirmed as booked.
- Handle booking amendments, cancellations and update the relevant systems
- Work with our Flights Executive to ensure flight tickets are accurately ticketed
- Monitor and action Amadeus queues and assist with other airline booking systems, as required to assist Flights Executive
- Administer costs and arrange travel details for Teacher Tour Leaders
- Prepare presentations for schools to be able to present pre-departure.
- Manage and resolve in-resort issues as a matter of priority and maintain the highest levels of customer service throughout. Provide cover on the emergency phone roster on a rota basis.
- Monitor post holiday questionnaire feedback and proactively follow up with schools/customers post travel. Investigate any issues arising, liaising with internal teams and suppliers.
- Assist as required across the department and wider business as required in an emergency situation or according to business demands.
Travel Operations Executive - Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in the travel industry, ideally within tour operations, retail travel or airline in a customer focused role.
- GDS (Amadeus) skills would be an advantage.
- Passion for travel with a good range of destination knowledge.
- Experience of meeting and exceeding set KPI's.
- Ability to thrive in a busy, fast paced role, effectively managing and prioritising workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent teamwork.
- Exceptional customer service focus and skills.
- Able to demonstrate Influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Practical experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Travel Operations Executive - Additional Information:
- Salary circa £24k dependent on experience.
- Hybrid office / home based role, currently 2 days in the office.
- Monday to Friday 9 to 5, with Saturdays on a rota (approx. 1 in 4). Out of hours phone cover on as rota basis.
- Range of staff benefits including discounted travel, health cash plan, subsided
- gym membership, wide range of wellbeing initiatives & social events.
Please apply for the position of Travel Operations Executive online or email your cv to email@example.com
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk