Digital Marketing Manager - Sports Travel, up to £40,000 per annum + bonus + benefits (Hybrid) Located in the heart of London, our Sports Travel client is a Global Brand with the greatest sporting events at its core, delivering industry leading events like nowhere else.
They are proud to offer the best travel programs to the greatest sporting events – Football and Rugby World Cups, Olympic Games, Formula 1, Grand Slams, Champions League, among others and was the tour operator with the highest number of passengers from the United Kingdom transported to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
It is a company that is passionate about offering high-quality service, value and competitive prices and making every favourite sporting event, a unique moment.
Our client are looking for a passionate social media driven Digital Marketing Manager to lead the digital content strategy of the company. Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will play a vital role in a content-led, revenue driving team. Previous experience managing websites, social media and digital advertising campaigns will be critical to success in this position.
Strategy: Support the Senior Marketing Manager to develop the digital and content strategies for the business – and lead the implementation
Opportunity: Work with agencies to continually optimize the digital advertising spend for projects.
Analytics: Continually report on digital growth and look for ways to increase website traffic and social media following & engagement
Management: Day-to-day management of the new, purpose-built website, and our client’s relaunched social media channels
Collaboration: Work with the wider team to produce content which increases our client’s brand presence, drives revenue, and excites customers
- Manage client website and various microsites
- Work with SMM and wider team to increase visitors to the site, utilizing effective SEO initiatives, and increase dwell time and conversions through an effective content strategy.
- Working with an external agency, be the main point of contact for day-to-day digital advertising management, reporting on results weekly.
- Review the website constantly, making tweaks and offering suggestions for future improvements.
- Rebrand, launch, and manage our client’s social media channels
- Develop and implement a social media strategy, driving audience growth with an emphasis on engagement.
- Utilise social media to increase website traffic and, ultimately, drive revenue.
- Lead our client’s content development, both from an agency perspective and internally. Prioritize video content, whilst not forgetting photography and audio.
- Work with the SMM to develop written copy.
Skills & Experience
- Have 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, with a focus on website management and social media.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing best practice, channels, and techniques to maximize performance.
- Comfortable using various CMS platforms such as Web Flow or Wordpress
- A keen analytical approach: comfortable making data led decisions to inform digital marketing strategies.
- Knowledge and/or experience of managing digital advertising campaigns run through an external agency
- Passion for social media, building digital communities and creating exciting & engaging content
- Experience in, or passion for, travel, leisure and/or sport
- An autonomous approach to work and a determination to drive ROI and achieve results.
- Video production skills would be highly advantageous but are not a pre-requisite.
- Leadership - Has vision. Shapes the future of the department and ensures it remains highly competitive and gets where it needs to go
- Preparation - Thinks carefully and deeply, sets the department up for success
- Execution - Gets the team running efficiently and successfully on a daily basis. A well-oiled highly effective machine
- Review - Continuously improves the execution, renews and future proofs the business
- Results Focused - Highly consistent in meeting sales results and expectations across all targeted areas
- People Skills - Motivates, guides, and empowers people to consistently achieve and improve.
- Creative Thinking - Discovers new opportunities by challenging the existing practices and using innovative thinking
- A competitive base salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Plus 15% performance related bonus based on annual salary
- Exciting benefits, Hybrid working and great travel industry perks
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying