Warwick Conferences offers a range of world-class meeting and conferences facilities in a lively and attractive destination. We’re proud to be part of the University of Warwick and located on its leafy green campus. An organisation that invests all its profits into social benefit – education for students, or world-leading research to improve lives globally.
Our mission is to ensure that every Warwick Conferences customer is entirely delighted by their experience with us. The role of our dedicated team is to create lasting, memorable events that achieve everything our customers hope for and more. We have endless stories of how our people go the extra mile every day for our customers. Constantly on the look-out for any improvement to make, taking personal pride in their work and supporting each other to deliver their very best. Our entire team works together to develop clever ideas to deliver a unique experience for delegates, for every client.
Want to be part of our team? A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our We are looking to recruit 2 Junior Chef de Partie to join our kitchen brigade. Producing a wide range of catering to our guests, events and other catering offers. You would be working within a busy environment, as part of a team, working in a wide range of events. The work schedules are a good mixture of shifts over the course of a week including weekends. Full training, development, progression and support is provided.
To assist the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Partie in running the department on a daily basis. Ensure food preparation, cooking and presentation, Health, safety and food hygiene are kept to set Standard.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive daily tasks.
- Attend daily operational meetings and report back to team.
Monthly: Stock control and stocktaking
- Assist in the managing of period stocktakes.
- Rotate stock to ensure that it is used in correct date order to minimise waste.
Daily food production, service and due diligence
- To support the team in food production.
- Ensure menus are in line with standardisation.
- Communicate with CdP, Sous and Head Chef any feedback/actions as required.
- Respond to dietary requirements and celebratory type occasions.
Health, Safety and Food Hygiene
- Responsible for own safe working methods (use of sharp knives, hot oils, harmful cleaning agents, manual handling) and for other users of the kitchens.
- Maintain records for “due diligence” of fridge temperatures, food temperatures (inc. probes).
- To operate within the Food Safety guidelines and to make sure that all standards of food, hygiene and safety procedures are adhered to the highest standards required.
- Ensure all kitchen equipment and structure is maintained, and in a good, safe working order at all times.
- Ensure the correct use and storage of all cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment.
- To ensure all Allergen, Food Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure under the 1994 Health & Safety Act that all employees are trained and understand their responsibilities as an employee.
To undertake any other duties, as from time to time maybe required, commensurate with the grade of the post.
For further information about the University of Warwick, please read our University Further Particulars.
For further information about the department, please visit the departmental website.
Right to work in the UK
If you do not yet have the right to work in the UK and/or are seeking sponsorship for a Skilled Worker visa in the UK points-based immigration system please click on this link which contains further information about obtaining right to work in the UK and details about eligibility for sponsorship for a Skilled Worker Visa.
The University of Warwick provides an inclusive working and learning environment, recognising and respecting every individual’s differences. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010. To find out more about our social inclusion work at Warwick visit our webpages here.
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
As an organisation using the (DBS) Disclosure and Barring Service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the University of Warwick complies with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. More information is available on the University’s Vacancy pages and applicants may request a copy of the DBS Code of Practice.
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
Interview Date: 18/19 July 2022.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"