Our client is a fast-growing leisure and business travel organisation with offices based around the UK. They’re now looking for a travel industry professional to join them in a dual role, covering both business development and the management of their Glasgow based sales office.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the successful candidate will support the growth of our client’s corporate division through researching suitable accounts and prospecting through targeted marketing campaigns. In addition to prospecting, they’ll also attend new business meetings and assist in the day-to-day administration of the sales follow up processes and implementation of new accounts, as well as provide day-to-day management of the Glasgow based sales office.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £40k, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits, so if this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for more information or apply online.
Please note - this is a full-time role which will involve 3 days based in our client's Glasgow office.
Role of Business Development Manager:
- Targeting specific customers from our client’s core markets through research on Linkedin and other B2B platforms
- Add, develop and maintain sales records
- Creation of bespoke email campaigns to targeted groups of sales leads through infographic marketing materials.
- Create leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging contacts, existing accounts to identify prospects
- Create and maintain positive relationships to build business
- Liaise and attend meetings with the Head of Business Development and other key stakeholders within the business
- Completion of a weekly sales report highlighting number of new accounts sourced/targeted and new business meetings setup
- Assist in the setup of our client’s new profiling system for new customers.
- Support the Corporate Operations Manager with the day-to-day Management of the Operations team based in Glasgow.
- Assist with recruitment, development and motivation of sales teams.
- Assist with general office duties as required to maintain good practice and Health & Safety regulations.
Skills required for the role:
- Sales, business development or operational management experience gained within the travel sector
- Experience of using CRM systems
- GDS experience would be an advantage
- Comfortable using networking tools such as LinkedIn
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Flexible and supportive approach to colleagues
If you’re interested in learning more about this Business Development Manager opportunity, please contact Succeed Recruitment Solutions or press the apply online button now!
Not for you? Then please visit our website to view the other exciting travel industry roles we have available; www.succeed-recruitment.com.
Succeed Recruitment Solutions – for the best Travel jobs, Multilingual jobs and Contact Centre jobs.