As a Kitchen Assistant, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Kitchen Assistant. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
- General washing-up duties to include all tableware and kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring all kitchen areas are clear of debris and conform to Health and safety regulations.
- Assisting the kitchen team with additional duties as and when required including accepting and storing food deliveries.
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning all floor and surface areas
- Disposal of all waste.
- This role can be physically demanding and may involve heavy lifting from time to time.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Kitchen Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do with a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
- 35 hours
- £10.25 per hour
- Shifts on a rota basis, Monday to Sunday
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork