Hybrid role: 2 days office (central London) and 3 days from home.
Not in the Guidebooks is driven by a desire to do travel properly, that means getting under the skin of travel destinations by offering authentic, sustainable experiences and experiential holidays designed and delivered by locals.
Our team is united by a passion for travel and we have created a business that partners with off the beaten track local hosts and companies, all around the world, who offer experiences that connect with locals and immerse customers in activities that are unique to the place they are visiting.
An exciting period of growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Product Executive to join the team.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for various products and destinations, including on boarding new suppliers and experiences, loading products, pricing, managing quality; analysing sales and revenue data, supporting sales and marketing teams to grow bookings and margins in those areas.
You will be supporting our suppliers and the team creating a unique portfolio of experiences and adventures which are sustainable, local and responsible is integral to the growth strategy of this dynamic start up.
- Providing support to the planning process and product department objectives
- Conduct research to discover sustainable and immersive experience providers
- Responsibility for on boarding suppliers and loading content, availability and pricing to ensure the best representation and accuracy of the products and pricing
- Continually monitoring the market and competitor activity and products, making recommendations as necessary
- Continuously reviewing products on sale – ensure the content and pricing is up to date and accurate at all times
- Create, maintain and develop relationships with suppliers
- Monitor product feedback and quality taking actions when required
- Monitor sales performance, make recommendations and take action to achieve target sales and revenue
- Work closely with sales and operations assisting with tailor made quotes, requests and customer feedback
- Assist Marketing team with strategic promotions and tactical offers
- Support the NITGB host community in sharing and developing ideas, promoting and developing their responsible, immersive and local credentials
Skills And Experience
- You are bright, keen to learn and develop your skills
- You have a passion for the travel industry and ideally have some tour operator experience
- You are a great communicator able to establish rapport and build relationships with suppliers and with your colleagues
- You have a strong customer service ethic
- You are an effective team player, comfortable working across departments and able to work on your own initiative
- You are highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- You have a good level of creativity and are able to write well in the English language
- You are self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a flexible approach and are able to work at pace in a pressurised environment to meet deadlines
- You have good organisational skills and are self disciplined You are experienced in Word/ Excel/PowerPoint
- Travel as required to attend trade shows, source new suppliers, to research new product ideas and gain knowledge of the destinations
- You will meet and develop a good working relationship with suppliers, support them in growing and developing their products
- You will deliver engaging product training to the business to ensure your products are sold and promoted in the most effective way.
- You will continuously review and improve our processes and systems
- You will adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the business objectives and willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate.
What's in it for you?
- Being part of an amazing small, loyal, hard-working and fun team
- Competitive salary £30k
- Hybrid working role (2 days office – central London/3 days remote)
- Additional leave after 2 years' service; earn an extra day every year up to a maximum of 28
- Your birthday off
- 2 days paid leave for volunteering/charity work per year
- Discounts on your own travel
- Contributory pension scheme