A successful Chester based Tour Operator is looking for a HR Assistant to support the HR Officer in providing an efficient, professional, and pro-active HR Service across the business to managers and employees. The successful applicant must demonstrate that they have a keen interest in HR and they are willing to spend time developing themselves. You must have a strong administrative background, be able to work diligently at pace, be highly organised and be flexible in your approach to meet the demands of a very varied generalist HR role. This role involves comprehensive training and development including daily support to managers and employees across the business, therefore, you must be able to work full time (37.5 hours Monday to Friday) and be based in the Chester Office. CIPD Level 3 (preferred)
- Supporting the HR Officer in providing a proficient administrative HR service across the organisation.
- Management of the HR Administration inbox, responding promptly to manager and employee HR queries in line with employment legislation/law.
- Assist with the onboarding of new starters including issuing new starter paperwork, obtaining references, conducting credit and DBS checks, administer employee benefits.
- Co-ordinate processes for employee changes to contracts adhering to payroll deadlines.
- Assist with the processing of leavers, issuing confirmation of resignation letters, liaising with other departments to ensure deactivation is completed, replying and processing reference requests.
- Liaising with payroll, managers, and employees to ensure processes are seamless.
- Oversee the recruitment process/administration including posting job adverts, creating job descriptions, using various media channels, allocation of CV's, liaising with applicants, agencies and managers and keeping all records updated.
- Co-ordinating the probation review process for all new starters.
- Assisting with the management of Health and Safety across the organisation.
- Preparing reports and presentation slides for senior management to meet deadlines.
- Prioritise and action own workload to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Working with various in-house systems, computer programmes, google documents and other websites.
- To assist the HR Officer in the smooth running of the HR department.
- Attend and assist with HR meetings as and when required.
Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities:
- A basic understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to grasp an understanding of basic Employment Law and Legislation quickly.
- Previous Administration Experience.
- Previous HR/Recruitment Experience (desirable).
- Experience of using a HRIS system.
- GCSE English and Maths: Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- CIPD Level 3 HR (qualified or working towards)
This is a FULL-TIME office-based position, where you will be required to work a 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
Please follow the instructions to apply attaching your CV. This vacancy is being managed by Hollie on 0161 923 6120 email@example.com