Customer Claims Technician required for this Global Insurance Company in their Warranty team. You will work in their Head office in South East London with the opportunity to work hybrid. They will pay up to £31,600 plus a performance related of Bonus of £1,500.
Customer Claims Technician:
- Working on behalf of a number of automotive manufacturers, you will be responsible for the handling of Warranty and Serviceplan claims via our online claims portal.
- You'll be in direct communication with our client's retailer network, supporting the warranty claims process from start to finish.
- You will have the overall responsibility to approve or decline a claim, based on information received, your technical expertise and the terms of the warranty policy.
- You will be responding to inbound and outbound calls from retailers, customers and internal teams to provide technical expertise and support
- You will provide a professional and proactive approach in assessing claims in-line with the principles of treating customers fairly and adhering to company procedures.
- Your aim will be to deliver outstanding experiences to customers each and every day in-line with our business partners contractual agreements.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the warranty claim is valid and that all criteria is met in-line with the Approved Used Warranty programme terms and conditions
- Using your exceptional customer service skills, you will proactively manage each claim and ensure our customers are dealt with in a timely and cost effective way
- Monitor the claim to ensure services are delivered at the agreed time and that your customer is kept fully updated
- Handle all incoming calls in a polite, efficient and proactive manner
- Ensure retailers are adhering to agreed claims procedures and self-authority claim limits
- Identify and initiate potential recoveries from 3rd parties
- Ensure that all product and technical knowledge is applied and you maintain your knowledge relating to the automotive brands you represent
- Share with your colleagues any product or technical developments and issues that you have been made aware of
- Handle all regulated complaints within the FCA complaint guidelines
- Where possible and within your authority limits, manage co conclusion including resolution.
- Provide objective reports of events when required, ensuring the case is highlighted to your manager when necessary.
What you look like:
- You will have a thorough understanding of motor vehicle technology
- Technical qualifications equivalent to City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Technician
- Thorough knowledge of motor vehicle warranty and sound technical knowledge
- Computer literate with practical working knowledge of MS packages
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written (emails/correspondence)
- Confident interpersonal skills with the ability to communicated with retailers, clients and customers
- Previous experience of working within a warranty department would be an advantage
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and Maths
Customer Claims Technician Additional Info:
- Based on a 37.5 hour week, covering shifts between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Paying up to £31600 plus performance related bonus
- Hybrid working between their Croydon Office and home
If you have the relevant experience and you would like to apply for this role, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk