£12.30 per hour - This isn’t joining a team. This is being part of the family.
Shift times available on a rota basis:
• 7am - 3.30pm
• 8am - 5pm
• 9.30am - 6pm
Some weekend working will be required. Preference of shift time to be discussed at interview stage.
Our warehouse canteen is managed by our efficient and highly motivated catering team, who provide breakfast and lunch for the entire warehouse. Now we are looking for experienced Kitchen Assistants to prepare and cook healthy, balanced meals for our teams. Sourcing all ingredients from our on-site warehouse and engaging with our friendly team members on a daily basis, you will find this role both challenging and rewarding!
What you'll do
• Preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch for approx 100 people per meal slot, ensuring enough food is prepared for everyone
• Assisting with planning and organising meal schedules and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
• Managing food stock levels, while minimising waste
• Sourcing all meal ingredients from our onsite warehouse
• Maintaining food hygiene standards throughout the preparation process
• Reporting any health & safety issues
• Planning and organising meal timing and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
What you'll need
• Experience working as a cook/within a kitchen environment is preferable we are also happy to provide additional training and support where needed
• Experience of dealing with or around food is essential with an understanding of food and hygiene guidelines
• Extremely well organised with excellent multitasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
• Flexible with working shifts, including weekends
• Excellent time management skills
• A confident clear communicator with a good standard of written English, able to follow instructions precisely
• Proactive and able to highlight problems/issues in a timely manner
• Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering is desirable however we are happy to support your training
What you'll receive
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as becoming part of a strong, fast-growing business, you'll get great training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive hourly rate, you'll enjoy 30-35 days' holiday, a pension, plus discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more. We’re proud to have a culture and salary structure that promotes both the equality of opportunity, and pay.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing date: 23 November 2023.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"