This prestigious Tour Operator based near Crawley are looking for a Duty Officer to work within their customer service team. As a Duty Officer you will be liaising with customers on holiday anywhere in the World to provide assistance and resolve issues in an efficient customer focused manner. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this exceptional global travel brand, working as part of a fabulous, friendly team in this exciting, fast paced role with a salary of up to circa £32k (including shift allowance) plus an array of benefits and fantastic travel concessions.
Duty Officer - Role & Responsibilities :
- Working as part of a team to take full ownership of in resort issues and queries, ensuring exceptional customer service is provided and problems resolved, in order to avoid post departure complaints.
- 24 hour telephone liaison between customers and suppliers, ensuring the best possible service.
- Accountable for finding solutions to assist customers whilst on holiday overseas.
- Assist with amendments to bookings and responding to queries for customers travelling within 24 hours.
Duty Officer - Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience working for a tour operator, airline or travel company is essential, ideally in an operations or customer service role.
- Would suit candidates with previous duty office or operations experience, team leaders that have dealt with in-resort issues, airline / ticket desk supervisor, overseas resort supervisor / manager.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an ability to resolve issues.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise and manage workload according to time zones and urgency.
- Ability to work effectively and constantly under pressure, remaining calm at all times.
- Amadeus proficiency would be an advantage.
Duty Officer - Additional Information:
- This role is based on a shift pattern of 4 days on, 4 days off.
- Salary dependent on experience but circa £30k to £32k (including shift allowance).
- Excellent staff benefits and travel concessions.
- Free staff parking.
- This is an office based role but flexibility for hybrid working (2 out of a 4 day shift from home) after training.
Please apply for the position of Duty Officer online or email your cv to email@example.com
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk