A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of a fast-growing multimedia company based in central London.
Travel Weekly is part of B2B travel and hospitality publisher Jacobs Media Group, with a portfolio which also includes Aspire for the luxury travel trade, and Travolution with a focus on digital and travel technology. The company also owns hospitality magazine The Caterer and runs an extensive portfolio of events in the UK and overseas, with a rapidly expanding international division.
The company is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and talented graphic designer with at least two years’ experience to become an integral member of the team. Applicants must have good attention to detail alongside good time management and communication skills. You will ideally have significant experience working in print and marketing and have the ability to take a project from concept through to final production.#
Your responsibilities will include organising work to meet deadline schedules and liaising with our editorial and marketing teams to ensure design quality across the company’s portfolio of magazines, websites and events. Reporting to the art director, you will be expected to think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and be comfortable working with a wide range of media formats and graphics across print editorial and adverts, direct mail, web, email, exhibition graphics and multimedia demos.
• Contribute to the company’s design function and champion a consistent delivery across our portfolio of print and digital products, events, social media marketing, advertising and corporate branding.
• Identify opportunities for design innovation, ensuring products are fresh and easy-to-use, and challenge design that doesn’t meet standards.
• Ensure all work meets briefs and is delivered to agreed deadlines.
• Ensure consistency of brands across all mediums through the creation of and adherence to brand guidelines that capture the purpose, tone and function of each product as well as physical brand attributes (font, picture usage etc).
• Collaborate with editorial, sales, events and marketing teams to ensure we are achieving objectives and acting on feedback.
• Be aware of market trends and competitor activity and to have plans for how to take advantage of opportunities and combat threats.
• Attend company events and act as an ambassador for the company.
• Possession of an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates creative vision and an ability to take projects from product design to completion.
• Strong eye for detail.
• Excellent organisational skills and able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Experience of using data to drive design decisions alongside good problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, including a proven track record of working collaboratively within a team.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other industry standard software.
• Strong digital skills, including the use of CMS.
• Knowledge of the print production process and experience liaising with production partners.
Jacobs Media Group operates an agile working policy, with the successful candidate required to work a minimum of three days a week at the company’s head office in Victoria, London.
What can we offer you?
• Medicash, a health cash plan for physical and mental health support
• Flexible working (three days in the office)
• Competitive employer-matched pension scheme
• Lively office with a social committee and busy social calendar
• A give-back day to support a worthwhile cause
• Season ticket support
• Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter by clicking "Apply"