Are you an experience OOH Business Travel Consultant? Are you fully trained in Sabre GDS?
We have an exciting opportunity for an (fully homeworking) Out of Hours Business Travel Consultant to join a reputable Travel Management Company.
This role will support the travel operation (out of hours) by providing assistance to our customers whose travel has been disrupted, or who need to make urgent travel bookings.
- Answering calls and emails from clients in a polite, efficient, and professional manner
- Offering expert advice in all aspects of travel
- Maintain the outstanding level of customer service provided by the 'day' team
- Work as part of an efficient team, communicating effectively both internally and externally
- To issue, re-issue and perform re-calculations of international and domestic airfares
- Sourcing the best and most cost-effective worldwide routes booking all flights, rail, hotel and all ground product
- Providing additional Quality Control to day team processes when call volumes permit.
- Provide 'risk analysis' of global travel news and communicate to Senior Management as appropriate
- Creation and provision of traveller tracking reports for communication to clients in the event of a major event
The role of the Senior Business Travel Consultant can be a pressured one due to the emotion of travel. When disruption occurs, it typically means considerable disruption for our clients and their families. Thus, the successful candidates will be calm, and have a sympathetic and reassuring approach to providing assistance at highly stressful times. You will therefore be self-motivated and able to work comfortably under pressure, providing travel solutions to clients outside of normal working hours. You'll be fulfilling last minute/urgent travel bookings on behalf of the company's Corporate, Media, Entertainment and Contractor clients so attention to detail and meticulous standards are key.
- Knowledgeable on Sabre and Amadeus
- Fares & Ticketing Level 1 & 2 (or equivalent experience) essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Possess good geographical and product knowledge of destinations and airlines
- On the pulse with world events and likely travel implications
- Good organisational skills and excellent customer service & communicative abilities are essential
- Flexible approach and desire to think 'outside of the box' to provide innovative travel solutions in times of increased stress for our clients.
Hours of Work / Package:
- 37.5 hours a week.
- Shift patters are Mon - Fri - 1800-0130 or 0100-0830 (except Fri to Sat shift when it is 0100 -0930) - weekend shifts are 0900-1730 / 1700-0130 / 0100-0930
- Salary - Circa £36,000 (dependant on experience) + bank holiday payments / bonus
Please click 'APPLY' or contact firstname.lastname@example.org