Industry-leading B2B publication Travel Weekly is seeking a Special Projects Writer to help develop sponsored content and work across creative campaigns in print and online.
Travel Weekly is part of B2B travel and hospitality publisher Jacobs Media Group, with a portfolio which also includes Aspire for the luxury travel trade, and Travolution with a focus on digital and
travel technology. The company also owns hospitality magazine The Caterer and runs an extensive portfolio of events in the UK and overseas, with a rapidly expanding international division.
The Special Projects Writer will report into the Special Projects Editor and will work across a variety of short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, both for the Travel Weekly print magazine and
its digital and social channels.
The ideal candidate will have three to four years’ experience in a writing role and will be a confident self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a can-do attitude. They should also have a track record of successfully working across multiple projects simultaneously. This is a great opportunity to help shape the output of commercial content across Travel Weekly’s channels.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing advertorials, contributing to bespoke supplements and multimedia campaigns for a variety of clients across the travel industry
- Taking ownership of projects from start to finish, from the briefing process all the way to delivery, working closely with clients and the in-house production team at each step of the process
- Uploading sponsored content online and managing the Travel Weekly Hub and client Hub pages
- Contributing to destination and product features for the editorial section of the magazine
- Writing and scheduling sponsored social media posts for commercial campaigns
- Representing Travel Weekly at events across the industry, sometimes outside working hours
- Able to create fresh, engaging and tailored content for our travel trade readers
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills and able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Great track record of working well with clients to deliver commercial projects to deadlines
- CMS experience
- A knowledge of the travel industry, particularly the travel trade
- Video editing experience, and willingness to speak on camera
- Experience in working for printed publications
- Experience with editing and proofreading
Jacobs Media Group operates an agile working policy, with the successful candidate required to
work a minimum of three days a week at the company’s head office in Victoria, London. The job will
also require occasional international travel, for both editorial and commercially led trips.
What can we offer you?
- Medicash, a health cash plan for physical and mental health support
- Flexible working (three days in the office)
- Competitive employer matched pension scheme
- Lively office with a social committee and busy social calendar
- A give-back day to support a worthwhile cause
- Season ticket support
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter by clicking "Apply"