Trade Sales Development Manager
Not in the Guidebooks is driven by a desire to do travel properly, that means getting under the skin of travel destinations by offering authentic, sustainable experiences and experiential holidays designed and delivered by locals.
Our team is united by a passion for travel and we have created a business that partners with off the beaten track local hosts and companies, all around the world, who offer experiences that connect with locals and immerse customers in activities that are unique to the place they are visiting.
An exciting period of growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Trade Sales Development Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will take responsibility for driving business through building and maintaining strong relationships with our trade partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Increasing agent engagement, sales and revenue across a portfolio of accounts through planned and targeted activity
- Implementing sales plans for your accounts and revising regularly
- Designing and delivering engaging training sessions to your agents both online and face to face to increase product knowledge and ultimately drive sales
- Maximising the revenue potential across your accounts by building strong relationships and driving brand awareness
- Identifying new customer prospects
- Representing the brand in the travel industry and with the public
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience as a Sales/Business Development Manager within the travel sector with an existing portfolio of contacts.
- Exceptional account management skills
- Sales driven and commercially savvy - used to working to and achieving sales targets.
- Innovative thinker constantly coming up with new ideas on how to drive agent engagement/sales.
- Experience in implementing and executing sales development plans/activity
- Ability to travel (both within the UK & overseas) and stay away from home where necessary to attend meetings, events and conferences both during and outside business hours.
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude - including willingness to go the extra mile to achieve desired results and support everyone else in NITGB where appropriate.
- Ability to analyse data/trends and present back accordingly
- Good knowledge of MS Excel/Word/Powerpoint
- Exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Be proactive, motivated and show initiative
- High standard of accuracy able to work well under pressure
- Excellent prioritisation skills, enabling you to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
What's in it for you?
- Being part of an amazing small, loyal, hard-working and fun team
- Hybrid working role (1 days office/2 days home/2 days out)
- Flexible hours
- 22 days paid leave plus bank holidays - after 2 years' service earn an extra day every year up to a maximum.
- Your birthday off
- 2 days paid leave annually for volunteering/charity work
- Educational Trips
- Discounts on your own travel
- Contributory pension scheme
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"