We are excited to be recruiting a specialist Asia/Japan sales consultant to join our team, a position which offers excellent prospects within our award-winning tour operator. Our key requirements are a passion for, and knowledge of, Asia. This position is a very hands-on role, and the successful candidate will be passionate about the Asia, be highly organised, driven, be an excellent communicator, and clearly understand our customers' needs.
- Selling to clients via email, phone, letter and in person
- Producing, pricing and amending itineraries
- Generating bookings from new customers through all appropriate channels
- Maximising retention of existing customers
- Achieving and exceeding pre-set sales targets
- Overseeing your Service Team in the production of documentation for your clients
- Checking that welcome home packs have gone to your clients prior to their return
- Contacting clients on return, thanking them for booking with us, obtaining feedback and nurturing for next trip
- Expanding and developing existing product
- Maintaining and building relationships with suppliers and country tourist boards
- Researching and updating destinations, activity, and hotel information
- Involvement in the product and pricing planning processes, including assisting purchasing team with the negotiation of improved supplier contracts
- The possibility of research trips
- Taking an active role in team meetings
- Participating in company events, sometimes outside office hours
- Supporting the marketing team with ideas for social media and PR requests
- Passion for, and demonstrable knowledge of Asia destinations
- Experience of working in a Asia travel sales role at the bespoke end of travel is a benefit but not required and we will consider people without travel sales experience. The key for us is passion and knowledge of the region.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Strong communication skills
- A personable manner
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000 + Commission
- 23 days annual leave, increasing one day per full year of service up to 30 days.
- Research trips overseas approximately every 12-18 months
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Private healthcare
- Travel insurance
- Sabbatical option after five years of continuous service
- If you would like to apply for the above vacancy, please click 'APPLY' or call/email Helen 02038879444 email@example.com