Travel company with a unique brand of luxury, hand-picked, self-catering properties (for the perfect staycation!), are seeking an experienced General Manager for its properties near Wick, Scotland. You will manage a collection of beautiful apartments and lodges in a busy summer holiday destination that continues to be popular with visitors year-round. If you have experience of running a staycation resort, hotel or a similar, and would be able to relocate to live on site in a stunning 3 bed apartment, this is an excellent opportunity. Salary is dependent on experience circa £30k -£32k pa and there is an extensive benefits package too (and of course all live on site costs covered)!
A full job specification is available for suitable applicants however this is the job in a nutshell!
- The General Manager role is vital in making the company's vision come to life through offering fantastic service and standards to our guests and running the site efficiently and profitably.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the site and its staff including the high-end accommodation.
- The General Manager has commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all services including front of house, and housekeeping.
- They will also get involved with the local community and business organisations on the island to promote the site, its facilities and as a company
- The General Manager will take a strategic overview and plan ahead to maximise profits and will also set the example to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets a variety of differing guest's needs and expectations
- Combining outstanding interpersonal skills the General Manager will have considerable organisational ability, commercial acumen and close attention to detail. Their understanding of seasonal business will be vital to recognise commercial trends and react to the changing environments appropriately.
- Manage all aspects of the site, including over-seeing H&S complianc
Are you a strong operator with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a high-end establishment as General Manager within a hotel or similar? . This role would suit an individual who enjoys living in a remote location and taking full autonomy for decision making, whilst maintaining company brand standards and running a profitable business.
Salary is negotiable/dependent on experience in the region of £30k pa to £32k pa, and accommodation is provided to live on site, in a 3 bedroom apartment. In addition there is an extensive benefits package, including holiday discounts, health care, life assurance, pension (4% from employer) loyalty rewards, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays rising to 25 with service.
Please follow the instructions to apply attaching your CV. This vacancy is being managed by Claire Muge 0161 9236120 firstname.lastname@example.org