The Wheatsheaf Pub in Bakewell is part of an independent group run by a local family and is known for serving excellent quality homemade food, freshly prepared using locally sourced ingredients in the Peak District. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Sous chef with experience of working in a busy kitchen environment to join our team. You will be directly supporting our head chef with all elements of food and menu planning, preparation, plating, hygiene, and cleaning within our busy kitchen. We are looking for self-motivated applicants with a positive attitude who have prior experience preparing fresh food.
- Assist the Head Chef in managing all aspects of the kitchen operations.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of kitchen staff.
- Oversee food preparation and production to ensure quality and consistency.
- Collaborate with the team to develop new menu items and recipes.
- Prepare & cook fresh food to our high standard.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of cooking techniques.
- Assist with stock control and stock takes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety procedures.
- Prior experience essential.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Full time, permanent position
- Varied working hours
- Salary starting at £31,000 per year
- Discounted food Store discount
- Company Pension
- Company Events
We offer competitive pay, opportunities for career advancement, and a positive work environment. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit your resume for consideration.