CALLING ALL TRAVEL AGENCY SALES MANAGERS/BDM'S!!
Leading luxury Travel Company are looking for an experienced Agency Sales Manager/Business Development Manager who is passionate about all things travel.
My client is a highly reputable, luxury tour operator and they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to help develop and grow their presence within the travel agency community in the areas of Scotland, Western and South Western England and Wales, which is the West Territory for the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established, luxury tour operator. As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for growing the company's market share, looking after dedicated accounts, creating new/nurturing existing business relationships, promoting a positive image to all UK Travel Agents, and representing Premier at company and industry events.
This role would suit someone who is sales driven, thrives on seeking out new business opportunities and is looking for the next step in an already successful career in this area.
We are looking for someone with an overall passion for travel and acts as a positive brand ambassador.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the company on the road, nurturing travel agent relationships
- Review & analyse sales figures to identify trends and changes in performance levels in order to take necessary action
- Feed market intelligence back into the business
- Develop & maintain in-depth understanding of industry and key trends
- Plan and host training events, road shows and overseas educational/familiarisation trips for key groups of travel industry partners
- Work with our Travel Experts team to improve agent communication, service & resolve booking issues
- Engage in close working relationships with key suppliers, to further encourage supplier investment with partners
- Negotiate favourable commercial terms with national accounts
- Minimum of two years' experience in a field-based role within the travel industry (ideally with a tour operator)
- Be able to demonstrate a proven successful record in travel account management, giving examples of how new business partners have been brought on board
- Possess a 'can-do' attitude and represent Premier Holidays to the highest level in the UK and abroad
- Be well-organised with the ability to forward plan on sales calls, meetings, joint marketing activity, events, and training
- Must be flexible and prepared to travel extensively throughout the West territory as defined above in line with current and potential business) working extra hours including some weekends and evenings when required
- Be confident utilising social media channels to promote yourself and the company
- Have the ability to quickly build and foster good internal relationships to gain greater support around you when out of the office
- Display strong communication and presentation skills at all levels (from home workers to travel agent teams and business owners and Directors)
- Experienced and confident in dealing with national accounts in your territory and negotiating commercial terms
- Show confidence and ease when dealing with senior figures within the company and the wider industry
- Possess extensive existing relationships with travel agents in this territory
- Be well travelled and well versed in at least some of our destinations
- Ideally live within approx. 2 hrs from the head office, where you will need to come to at least twice a month
This offers a salary of from £35K plus car allowance, bonus and incentives
We are a friendly bunch, we listen to our staff, treat everyone fairly, celebrate long service and loyalty, are flexible, fun, and sociable to create the best environment we can for our employees to flourish. We offer:
- Discounts on Travel and Holidays
- 25 Days Holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- Company Car
- Work laptop and Phone
- Standard Life Pension - 3% Employer Contribution, 5% Employee
- Social Events: Summer Party, Christmas Party, Quiz nights and other socials.
- Fresh Fruit in the offices
Follow the instructions to apply, attaching your CV. This vacancy is being managed by email@example.com / 0121 450 9776