Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Managing: No direct reports
The position will cover a broad area of responsibilities including:
- Work closely with the Sales Department and Business Development Managers to fulfil all requirements for Trade promotions, incentives, point of sale and all communications.
- Manage key travel industry relationships with agencies and consortia.
- Reviewing partnership opportunities and planning joint marketing campaigns within budget.
- Support the Business Development Managers with ad-hoc marketing requirements and regularly visit key areas to further understand travel agency marketing needs.
- Fulfil joint activity by delivering appropriate artwork/assets to travel agent partners, ensuring artwork is briefed, created and supplied on time.
- Support the Marketing Manager with responding to the commercial needs of the business, both strategic plans and short-term tactical activities.
- Maintain marketing budget attributing even spend across B2B activity.
- Be the main contact for the Product Department regarding all copy/brand content that is produced by third party operators.
- Maintain online training websites for two different brands and create new websites/modules when required.
- Manage the Trade Booking Portal and Travel Agent Hub to ensure all content is accurate and up to date.
- Deliver all online and offline activity for the Groups Department, producing advertising for the core MICE publications.
- Assist with other marketing tasks in particular consumer and bridal advertising as and when required.
- The role is hybrid working (2 office days in London SW3 and 3 WFH)
Essential Knowledge & Skills Required:
- At least 2 years’ travel industry experience
- A self-starter, looking to break into marketing within the travel industry
- A keen interest to learn and understand trade marketing creative, print production, commercial business needs
- Confidence to build strong relationships with internal teams & external agencies
- Outgoing personality to fit in with a vibrant marketing department
- Good communicator – written, verbal and presentation
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to project manage and multi-task
- Structured and organised with the ability to prioritise activity around conflicting deadlines
- Ability to put yourself in both the consumer and trade mindset
- Creative, articulate and numeric with a good eye for detail
- Works well under pressure and is able to turn around activity within tight deadlines
- Strong team player
- Fresh and proactive thinker