Industry-leading B2B publication The Caterer is seeking an Account Director to support the brands growth plans into 2024 and beyond.
The Caterer is the leading hospitality trade title in the UK and part of Jacobs Media Group, Europe’s largest B2B media company within the travel and hospitality sectors.
The successful candidate will excel in building and maintaining relationships, listening to and understanding client needs, and creating innovative ways to forge new commercial relationships for The Caterer.
The Caterer is already a hugely successful product in the UK market, and this opportunity is about taking it to the next level by expanding our commercial reach with particular emphasis on growing our event sponsorship revenues.
The successful candidate will report into Jacobs Media Group’s UK Sales Manager for The Caterer.
The role will involve the following:
• Research and uncover new commercial partners and be able to confidently start conversations.
• Meeting new partners, listening to their needs, and understanding how The Caterer can help them.
• Talk and present confidently across the full portfolio of print, digital and in-person activities.
• Deliver exceptional written proposals which reflect the high standards of The Caterer and JMG.
• Collaborate with the editorial team in meetings with consultative selling.
• Visit tradeshows and conferences to strike up new relationships and discuss The Caterer.
• Maintain accurate and realistic pipeline reports.
• Close sales and keep track of commercial targets and priorities across all products.
• Represent The Caterer at events across the industry, sometimes outside working hours.
• Attend The Caterer’s own events and represent the brand.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand the hospitality industry and The Caterer’s place within the market.
• Great organisational skills and able to juggle multiple projects and commercial deadlines.
• Ability to spot opportunities and form these into new commercial opportunities.
• Demonstrate a track record of building and managing pipelines through to successful conversion.
• Strong eye for detail.
• Energetic, organised, and confident.
• Good time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Able to work Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm as your core hours, but willing to attend additional events outside of office hours.
• A knowledge and understanding of the needs of the hospitality industry.
• Previous sales experience in a sponsorship sales and multimedia advertising role.
• Salesforce experience.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter by clicking "Apply"