DIGITAL MARKETING & WEBSITE EXECUTIVE
Office-based or hybrid opportunity (min 2 days per week in the office) based in Wallington, Surrey
Here at Newmarket Holidays, we're all about enriching lives and well-being through travel. To bring that to life, we know our success is driven by our exceptional people. Newmarket Holidays has been part of the travel industry for 40 years now. From Italy’s wine-producing north to the island of Madagascar, the snow-capped Canadian Rockies to safaris in South Africa, we operate tours to some of the world’s most fascinating destinations.
We believe in being a truly customer and colleague centric business. We expect our teams to really understand our holidays, so you’ll get the chance to visit some of our wonderful destinations. These trips are hard work, but you’ll see some amazing things and enjoy unique experiences. Our office in Wallington, Surrey is focused, and results-driven, but lots of fun, full of like-minded people who are all in the business of creating these amazing experiences.
Our eCommerce team is in the process of revamping our digital channels, taking a fresh, storytelling-based approach to continue to bring the world to our loyal customers and to those curious about travelling with us on an escorted tour. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
We are seeking a new addition to the eCommerce team, an enthusiastic all-rounder, who has a passion for travel, a hunger to learn more about the digital space, and can adapt to a varied and fast-paced environment.
As our Digital Marketing and Website Executive you will report to our eCommerce Director and work very closely with our Digital Marketing Manager and Website Manager to promote Newmarket Holidays on our digital platforms.
Day to day you’ll be responsible for:
- Updating and regularly checking content on NewmarketHolidays.co.uk, to ensure it is up to date, accurate and optimised effectively.
- Setting up tactical sales content online, and checking, loading, and publishing content on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring it is accurate, consistent, and appropriately linked to on and offline marketing.
- Ensuring products are live in a timely manner on the website.
- Supporting the achievement of business targets through a rich, online customer experience that promotes the brand in the best possible way.
- Work with the eCommerce team and SEO agency to implement changes where required.
- Messaging offers through our affiliate network and checking bookings.
- With the Digital Marketing Manager, create engaging organic social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Threads.
- Editing copy for use on new landing page and blogpost with SEO in mind.
- With the Website Manager, help update the CMS for new Product launches, offer campaigns and day to day management.
- Assist the eCommerce team with new website migration.
- With the Digital Marketing Manager, find new digital acquisition opportunities including influencers, bloggers, and third-party partnerships.
- Assist the Website Manager with A/B testing and personalisation campaigns.
The eCommerce team works especially closely with our Marketing and Brand colleagues and our Product teams, so there’s never a dull day! The team are always busy, and it’s never the same day twice! Forging great collaborative relationships with our Product teams is key to ensuring comprehensive understanding of holidays, key selling points and unique elements, options, and upselling opportunities. And the close working relationship with our co-workers in Marketing and Brand is crucial to delivering consistency in tone of voice with our marketing messages and to ensure a seamless join with our digital, email and offline campaigns, and PR activity.
You'll need to have knowledge of SEO (and a willingness to learn); experience with CMS; be social-media savvy with creativity to create new and engaging posts; and have great attention to detail with a keen eye for copy editing. You’ll also have top-notch communication skills, written and verbal; be adept at assimilating a variety of tasks; and be computer literate, especially with using the Microsoft applications suite - notably Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook, and importantly have a friendly and positive attitude and a love for travel.
Offered on a hybrid-working basis, with at least 2-3 days being office-based per week, it's important that applicants live within a sensible commute of Wallington, Surrey.
What we can offer you
- A changing and multi-cultural team-spirited environment with opportunities to learn from new experiences and challenges
- Leaders who are interested in your development and committed to helping you to be the best version of yourself
- A responsible organisation that cares about its people, the environment, and the communities we visit
- Encouragement to take initiative and try something new and different
- A flexible and hybrid-working arrangement
- An exciting set of benefits
- The opportunity to visit our destinations and experience our holidays
The Newmarket Spirit
The Newmarket Spirit is what binds us together. It is our 'who?’. The Newmarket Spirit bridges the external view of our brand and the internal reality. It seeks to enrich the lives and well-being of our people through travel.
The Newmarket Spirit encompasses five distinct pillars, which have been inspired by people across our organisation.
BE RESPONSIBLE | BE TOGETHER | BE COMMERCIAL | BE DETERMINED | BE A LEADER
Sound like the kind of opportunity and place to work that you’re looking for? Please send your CV with a brief covering note about your salary expectations and any notice period to our Recruitment team.
No agencies, please