Hybrid opportunity (min. 2 days per week office-based in Wallington, Surrey)
Newmarket Holidays is an established, award-winning tour operator based in the leafy suburb of Wallington (Surrey). We're in our fortieth year of operating holidays, enriching lives and well-being through travel. That is our purpose. Our 'why’. It is ambitious and bold, but through the commitment of our brilliant people, we’re doing more and more each day to create and deliver incredible wish-list holidays. The types of holidays that people have always dreamt of experiencing. We bring those dreams to life and are the trusted friends of our loyal customers. We believe in being a truly customer and colleague centric business. We expect our teams to really understand our holidays, so you’ll get the chance to visit some of our wonderful destinations. These trips are hard work, but you’ll see some amazing things and enjoy unique experiences. Our team is focused, and results-driven, but lots of fun, full of like-minded people who are all in the business of creating these amazing experiences.
Reporting to the Head of Transport & Aviation, this role is primarily responsible for the management and processing of group seat blocks for company product ranges, for ensuring that airline seats are purchased in a timely cost efficient manner and ticketing is managed within airline and company guidelines.
What I do
- Plan, source and negotiate capacity with airlines for new and on-going product
- Control on sale capacities between the airline and the Company’s in-house systems
- Manage airline deadlines and releases as required
- Resolve operational issues that arise - schedule changes, name changes, upgrade requests etc
- Issue scheduled airline tickets both group and IT
- Co-ordinate the purchase of low cost short haul capacity managing in house system, or manually purchase via airline websites or airline portals as appropriate
- Maintain in house systems to reflect actual flight routes and schedules to meet operational requirements and communicate internally as required
- Purchase Eurostar capacity as required
Who I am
- Highly motivated individual with previous aviation group purchasing experience
- Thorough understanding of group/technology agreements with airlines
- Understanding/working knowledge of air operating procedures involved with group tours
- Amadeus trained within basic/advanced operating, fares and ticketing with particular emphasis on tour operator/group fares and operations
- Team player who can build strong relationships internally and externally
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Able to work under own initiative and within tight deadlines
- Flexible with a commitment to quality
- Problem-solver who questions processes in the desire to achieve efficiencies
- Effective and clear communicator both verbally and in writing ensuring areas of opportunity or concern are raised as appropriate
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent airline contacts
- Strong analytical, numerical skills and commercial awareness
Highly organised with the ability to assimilate a variety of tasks, the flexibility to meet changing priorities as demands dictate and an ability to work well under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ad hoc group seat booking
- Confirm & action aviation tasks and emails
- Confirm upgrades & deviations
- Airport hotel bookings for passengers with mis-connect and Tigerbay processing
- Book ad hoc space for holiday extensions
- Book domestic add-ons
- Research routes and prices for product development
- Check GDS Queues
- Allocate and manage Eurostar allocations
- Diarise and return contracts
- Sort finance queries
- Handle Agency Debit Memos and Agency Credit Memos
- Handle commitment deadlines
- Handle medical & special seating requests
- Issue group based air tickets
- Issue individual air tickets (off IT fare etc)
- Send names to airlines
- Ensure new airline processes are learned and delivered
- Record airline contracts
- Liaise with product ops to ensure smooth operation of tours
- Reconcile invoices as required
- Arrange schedule change letters
- Update airline process manual
- Update costs on Tigerbay
- Update inventory on Tigerbay
- Capacity and airline changes
- Lo cost seat buying
- Any other reasonable tasks that need to be done in order to ensure the smooth running of the
- Take a big part in the relationship with all seat-related technology providers around development,
- implementation and operational functions.
What We Can Offer You
- A changing and multi-cultural team-spirited environment with opportunities to learn from new experiences and challenges.
- Leaders who are interested in your development and committed to helping you to be the best version of yourself.
- A responsible organisation that cares about its people, the environment, and the communities we visit
- Encouragement to take initiative and try something new and different.
- A flexible and hybrid-working arrangement.
- An exciting set of benefits.
- The opportunity to visit our destinations and experience our holidays.
Sound like the kind of opportunity and place to work that you’re looking for? Please send your CV with a brief covering note about your salary expectations and any notice period to our Recruitment team.
No agencies, please.