Leading global independent Corporate Travel company, are seeking an experienced Business Travel Consultant to join their team based in South Manchester working on a hybrid basis (part home-based, part office based) This is no ordinary business travel role; you'll be working on exciting and varied Sports and Media Accounts. An excellent starting salary up to £30k pa (DOE) plus bonuses is available to the successful candidates. If you have GDS (Galileo, Amadeus, Sabre) then we are keen for your application! Fully remote working considered potentially for exceptional candidates that require limited training and support
* To Handle individual Travel and Accommodation for Sports & Media accounts
* Book all flights and accommodation via the GDS and / or ad hoc websites.
* To present a full knowledge of UK & International destinations, venues and travel providers by attending trips, tradeshows and supplier visits as required
* Calculate and deliver travel fares and itinerary options based on the client's needs
* Produce all travel costing's accurately and within times frames, comply with company & client invoicing processes
* Proactively escalate delivery issues through notification of management to ensure continuous improvement of meeting processes, procedures and tools
* Display excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in areas relating to spelling, grammar and punctuation
* Show ability to work within tight deadlines and schedules
* Ensure client feedback is seen as an opportunity to improve. Creatively resolve all disputes in a timely and effective manner involving others where appropriate
This comes with a very competitive starting salary up to £30k pa (dependent on your level of experience in relation to the role), there is a highly achievable bonus scheme, offering an extra £4k a year on top. There is a further benefits package and the opportunity to progress internal if desired. This is a lovely company to work for, with staff longevity and also if sports and media interests you then these are exciting accounts to be involved with!
For hybrid working, they will consider anyone with at least a years' business travel experience, ideally having used Amadeus or Galileo. To get the top end salary or be considered for fully home-based you would need to have solid previous business travel experience for a longer period of time and be confident in your business travel and GDS