Do you want to join an award winning company for being the Best place to work in travel?
We are looking for a Product & Purchasing professional to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract to support our managers with our Caribbean portfolio.
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have a good knowledge of the marketplace and will be an experienced and creative negotiator. The Product Senior Executive will be focused on achieving the key strategic objectives all whilst strongly representing our brand and key Kuoni values.
To apply, please submit your details, including a CV and Covering letter.
Even though this role is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, it is a great opportunity to join the business as this could lead to permanent employment within the business. The role is based in Dorking where a minimum of 3 days in the office is required a week, offering 2 home working days.
Reporting to and working closely with the (Senior) Regional Product Manager, the purpose of this role is to successfully manage the product and supply of key destinations on behalf of Kuoni and to ultimately achieve the growth strategy for the destinations you manager (Caribbean).
What you’ll be doing
Strategy and planning:
Create detailed product plans for your destination to support the regional growth strategy clearly outlining objectives, responsibilities, and ownership for delivery across the business to ensure customer, operational and sales strategies align.
Team management: N/A
- Be fully aware of customer strategies and goals.
- Incorporate customer strategies into your destination product plans.
- Monitor performance of customer metrics i.e. NPS, repeat rates, complaints etc and use feedback to shape product plans.
- Use company-wide product strategy and regional strategies as a framework to create destination specific product plans that inform relevant product and bed briefs.
- Ensure UK market and target customer base (existing database and potential future customer opportunities) are well understood and used to drive product plans and subsequent implementation.
- Manage and co-ordinate annual product and purchasing cycles in line with business needs for your destinations.
- Work to create innovative product propositions that help to differentiate Kuoni and stay relevant with the customer and ahead of our competitor set.
- Lead and support product training processes and initiatives across the business for your destinations.
- Ensure a focus on sustainability and champion progress towards relevant company strategies and goals.
Purchasing and supplier management:
- Set clear purchasing plans that will maximise growth in your destinations.
- Ensure supplier portfolio is clearly segmented in line with Supplier Value Proposition and that account management principles are adopted.
- Manage key supplier accounts setting clear objectives and managing performance against targets.
- Ensure the most competitive terms are negotiated with a specific focus on exclusivity and differentiation.
- Manage annual purchasing cycle to agreed deadlines for your destinations.
- Ensure contracts all meet policy and procedure requirements and are signed by both parties and are delivered by the team on time.
- Create a positive, results driven and collaborative reputation for Kuoni UK within the supplier community.
- Carry out contract loading and administrative functions as appropriate.
Commercial performance management:
- Regularly monitor commercial performance, understanding drivers of performance against target and prior periods for relevant KPIs for your destination(s)
- Adopt a trading focus that shows a proactive approach to working with sales channels, marketing, and finance to achieve overall commercial goals.
- Monitor and track relevant contributions are on target as per budget (brochures, marketing, override).
- Maximise key commercial relationships to drive exclusivity and profitability.
- Participate in budget creation.
- Ensure you are communicating short and longer-term goals and plans to key stakeholders to gain buy-in and help you to execute destination plans.
- Develop effective relationships with internal departments and stakeholders.
- Ensure you work closely and cultivate good relationships across all departments.
- Actively champion and promote Kuoni.
- Remain a strong ambassador of the Kuoni brand and values.
- Incorporate the Kuoni Code of Conduct principles into everyday work practices.
- Demonstrate Kuoni’s core values at every opportunity.
- Continually develop personal knowledge and expertise, be pro-active and work with autonomy
You will have
- Strong communication skills
- In depth Kuoni product knowledge – focusing on the Caribbean
- Experience of building supplier relationships
- Experience of training delivery
- Experience of data interpretation and recommendation
- Experience of supplier negotiations
- First-hand experience of destination(s)
- Previous experience training and product role
- Experience in product development
- Customer focused.
- Previous experience of learning management system
- MS Office
- Knowledge of Kuoni systems
- Positive outlook.
- Goal and target driven.
- Thinks “laterally” and not in silo.
- Proactively takes ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
- Comfortable to actively participate in team and group environments.
- Ability to listen and adapt communication style.
- Comfortable with resolving difficult conversations and situations.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Resourceful and practical; can think on your feet and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Self-motivated, proactive approach with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Solution orientated & service minded.
- Good at planning and organising own time.
- Enthusiasm and resilience when facing setbacks.
In return you’ll the receive the following:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work for the ‘Best Place to work in Travel’, with like-minded colleagues - in a modern and fun office.
- Flexible hybrid working, offering 2 days to work from home a week
- Company matched pension scheme
- Supplier trips and overseas Famtrips
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free annual travel insurance (for partner and / or immediate family)
- Free onsite parking (first come first serve)
- Opportunity to travel to Kuoni destinations
- Monthly Perkbox credits (discounted gym membership, free coffees etc)
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted Holidays and prize draws