A rare and exciting opportunity has opened for someone to join DoSomethingDifferent.com’s energetic sales team. If you get excited about meeting new people, building relationships, travelling extensively and implementing creative account development plans – then this could be the role for you!
Why join DSD:
The DSD team are passionate and driven, and whilst this is a serious business, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and believe in kindness, honesty and having fun. You will benefit from a working culture that values your strengths, prioritises your personal development and does not micromanage. Opportunities to learn are extensive and there is nothing we love more than a go getter. You will have the chance to travel and experience the amazing attractions that we sell. Our founder and CEO also runs an in-house charity called Play It Forward (https://play-itforward.org/ . We run regular events such as quiz nights, cake sales and sports days to raise money for the charity. There is also an annual trip to Southern Zambia to see the education, nutrition and health projects that the charity operates.
DoSomethingDifferent.com (DSD) specialise in the pre-purchase of attraction tickets, experiences and tours and are the leading UK ticket broker for all the major Florida theme parks. DSD are a b to b brand which sells via travel agents, operators and OTA’s in the UK and Ireland. We are passionate about service and our success is based on being the best in our sector in everything we do. We are an exciting, privately owned, financially secure and entrepreneurial company with ambitious plans for 2024 and beyond.
You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to succeed. You will be outgoing, passionate and get huge satisfaction from exceeding our customers’ expectations. A first-class communicator, you will be able to express yourself with energy and fun, across all platforms – email, phone and in person. A can-do attitude combined with strong commercial, administration and time management skills. You will be comfortable recognizing opportunities and implementing sales strategies, to achieve our ambitious sales objectives - your determination to succeed will clearly define you from your peers.
• Look to establish DSD as the single combined source for booking all attractions, experiences in the trade market
• Increase trade sales within the specified catchment area to agreed target levels
• Initiate and follow-up all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to closure, in order to achieve or exceed established sales targets
• Identify new opportunities to increase sales and offer a positive ROI, and assist in selling these opportunities in to our key partners
• Establish and develop long term commercial relationships with all retail partners in your area
• Educate, train and service the needs of key trade accounts
• Support your accounts by attending trade events including overseas conferences
• Ensure a monthly / quarterly call plan is in place in line with agreed sales objectives
• Host FAM trips and entertain key accounts, whilst ensuring there is appropriate follow up to maximise all available sales opportunities
• Provide input and creative contribution to all marketing strategies and media including Facebook
• Attend and support TIPTO roadshows within the specified catchment area and ensure follow up with all attendees
• Promptly disseminate all tactical activity, POS and sales collateral to maximise messaging and exposure
• Attend quarterly sales meetings at our HQ in Brixton
• Clean driving licence
• Flexible approach to working hours. There will be occasions where you will be required to work away from home for up to 5/7 nights. Events are often in the evening after working hours and at weekends
• And a computer says YES attitude
• A theme park lover!
• Destination knowledge of Florida
• B to B sales experience and experience of working with travel agents
• Experience in presenting
• Experience using social media platforms and creating content e.g. TikTok videos
• Retail experience
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"