We are currently looking for several motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our busy product team. We have vacancies for Product Managers with experience in both Guided Group and Self-Guided.
The Company and Team
KE Adventure Travel has been operating active adventure holidays throughout the world since 1984, and has grown to be one of the most respected adventure tour operators in the UK, and a market leader in this sector. We are based in beautiful Keswick in the Northern Lake District.
Anyone joining the company in this role will need to be well-travelled, passionate about adventure travel and the outdoors, and have travel industry experience in a similar role. They must also be dedicated to protecting the environment and supporting the company’s pledge to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
As a Product Manager you will have overall responsibility for a geographical region or select group of trips. You will ensure that we have the very best adventure holidays on sale at a competitive price, and that profitability hits or exceeds target. You will also be responsible for the overall quality of the trips, ensuring that the customer experience is the best it can be, and that feedback and satisfaction levels are consistently excellent, and exceed expectations.
• Responsible for all aspects of the product, including (but not limited to):
o Keeping up-to-date with market trends and the competitive environment
o Researching and developing new adventure product
o Ensuring existing trips are up to date, relevant and commercially viable
o Building and maintaining strong relationships with overseas suppliers
o Negotiating costs with suppliers and going out to tender as required
o Calculating trip costs and setting selling prices and departure dates
o Managing yield, margins & overall profitability
o Writing up trip information and creating sales content for all channels
o Ensuring all systems including apps and website are updated and correct
o Monitoring of trip quality and following up on customer feedback
o Providing training for the team and speaking to customers as required
• Work closely with other teams, especially Operations, Sales & Marketing
• Attend team and commercial meetings, company updates and training/presentations
• Provide 24hr emergency phone cover on a rota basis
Flexibility is key. We are a relatively small team and it is a seasonal business, so all team members must be willing to help/support other roles within the team or across the business at any time.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• A good broad education up to A-level.
• Ideally a graduate with either a business or travel and tourism qualification
• Min 2-3 years travel industry experience, ideally within a Product team
• Experience of working with digital systems/apps an advantage
• Commercially driven with excellent negotiation skills
• Fun, friendly and caring with lots of positive energy
• Well-travelled and a love of the outdoors essential
• A people person – with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to write good inspirational copy
• Creative and innovative
• Must be numerate, have great attention to detail and strong organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good problem solving skills
• Flexible and willing to muck-in
• Able to travel both in the UK and overseas for work
Working Hours and Location:
We are ideally recruiting for a full-time position (37.5hrs).
We are currently hybrid working, with most team members working a minimum of 2-3 days in our office in the centre of Keswick. We expect this to continue, with the balance of office and home working being continually reviewed as the needs of customers and the business evolve. Many team members prefer to be fully office-based, and there is plenty of office/desk space available.
• 25 days of holiday a year (plus bank holidays), rising by a day a year to 30 days after 5 years
• Overseas travel opportunities – for business and to experience the company product
• Cycle to work scheme
• Generous holiday discount scheme
• Profit-related annual bonus (discretionary)
• Regular staff social events and activities
• Employee Assistance Programme – offering a range of practical and emotional support
• Healthcare cashback scheme – covering healthcare, costs including dental
Work and personal references will be required
How to apply:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job by clicking "Apply".
Please include a full list of travel experience, salary expectations, and when you would be available to start.
We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible and will consider applicants as they apply.