Do you have experience within the Travel Industry? Are you based in Kent and looking for your next exciting opportunity? LOOK NO FURTHER!
We are working with a Kent based inbound travel company, who are looking for a Product & Contracting Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Product & Contracting Manager will be responsible for contracting predominately restaurants and attractions throughout the UK, but primarily in Ireland, London and the South of the UK to fulfil our Key trade/B2B and B2C demands. A key function of the role is to ensure existing and new supplier relationships are built and maintained to maximize all commercial opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate competitive rates and conditions for all land services notably restaurants & attractions
- Secure contracts with suppliers in line with the purchasing strategy and remit advised from The Commercial Director
- Product development - source new venues and be proactive in proposing new products appropriate to the various sales channels.
- Provide product updates and presentations of new products or packages to B2B clients
- To propose, plan and attend business trips and meetings in order to negotiate and renegotiate contracts.
- Ensure existing and new supplier relationships are built and maintained to maximize all commercial opportunities.
- Organise and attend FAM trips. Attend key industry events, workshops and networking opportunities where required.
- Ability to travel, to key destinations in the UK and Northern Europe when required.
- Prepare and analyse statistics via software products to benefit effective negotiations and product analysis for re contracting.
- To develop and maintain commercially advantageous business relationships with our suppliers.
- Provide the Operations team with product updates and respond to day-to-day queries.
- Ensure all contracts are completed accurately and in full with all information being set up in a timely fashion.
- To liaise with all internal departments to ensure all departments are fully up to date these include, finance, systems, sales & marketing.
- Negotiate added value deals, overrides and special offers.
- Constantly challenging yourself to increase product knowledge and identifying potential suppliers to support our product offering.
- Investigate and resolve service complaints.
- Ensure high service quality standards are met year on year and to promptly deal with queries from colleagues and suppliers.
- Entering contracts into the in house database
- A least 2 years' experience in the travel industry preferably in a purchasing role within the UK Inbound market.
- Confident and passionate about succeeding in the role.
- The applicant needs to have strong commercial acumen, be adaptable, reliable and flexible, with a responsible attitude and possess the ability to respond to tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to build effective relationships.
- The ability to deal with competing priorities effectively.
- Self-motivated and good working under pressure.
- A good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- The ability to handle multiple projects, whilst maintaining meticulous attention to detail and a "can do attitude".
- An enthusiastic and strong team player
- Additional languages desirable particularly German or French as is a knowledge of UK and Northern European cities.
- Desirable - Previous experience in a UK travel industry / Experience of the UK inbound market
- A salary of £26,000 - £30,000 (dependant on experience)
- Hybrid working - Mix of office (Gravesend) and homeworking
- Throughout the year it will be anticipated that you will spend approximately 40% of your time attending site visits, FAM trips and workshops across the UK and Ireland
Please click APPLY below or contact email@example.com