Established for over 20 years, this niche travel company are renowned for provide flights to the Travel Industry, through their brands and their fantastic booking technology. They are continuing their growth and they are seeking a Flights Consultant. With comprehensive training available, this is a rare opportunity for you, if you have worked in any sector of travel, such as retail travel, airline, airport and you want to move your career towards tour operations or business travel, but don't have the GDS experience! The Flights Support Team delivering standout service to industry partners (by phone, email and live chat) using bespoke booking systems, GDS's and internal processes to create, service and ticket bookings efficiently. Based in their Ellesmere Port offices, starting salary is £22,500 pa(potentially negotiable) and there is a comprehensive benefits package (detail below in 'The Package').
Flights Specialists provide friendly and efficient service to travel organisations or direct consumers via phone, email and online. By selling and servicing bookings, Flights Specialists must understand customer needs to advise effective solutions and work with the Team Leader to drive sales, hit budgets and deliver profits - all within airline deadlines and terms & conditions.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Monitor and action all email & telephone requests for bookings
- Use a GDS (e.g. Amadeus, Galileo, Worldspan and Sabre) to:
o Check availability
o Price flight itineraries (manual & CAT35)
o Make bookings
o Reserve seating
o Issue tickets
o Amend/ refund bookings
o Read booking 'queues'
- Construct nett fares
- Adhere to all airline deadlines and terms and conditions
- Make sound commercial decisions on margins & pricing on a booking by booking basis
- Work on own initiative without constant supervision
- Keep on top of all airline deadlines for deposits, balance payments, names & ticketing
- Develop a good understanding of the market and competition
- Form close ties with staff within airline partners to strengthen relationships
- Thrive on delivering an excellent experience with exceptional customer service skills
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to internal and external customers
- Maintain high levels of accuracy
- Work in a positive, proactive and determined manner
- Have some previous experience in the Travel Industry or have studied Travel & Toursim
Starting Salary is £22,500k pa (possible room for negotiation dependent on experience). There is a comprehensive benefits package, this is a company that value their staff, their well-being and their career progression. There is up to 25 days holiday (rising from 20 with service) plus bank holidays (and an opportunity to buy more or sell back), company bonus, long service rewards, enhanced maternity pay, Contributory Pension Scheme up to 5%, Mindfulness Meditation Classes, Counselling Service, Onsite gym, Sports Teams, bar, social events.
Please follow the instructions to apply attaching your CV. For any questions please contact Gemma on 0161 9236120 email@example.com