About this Role:
Are you an ambitious and passionate Conference or Events professional and are looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have excellent communication, training, and problem-solving skills? Then the Campus Events Manager position at The University of Manchester could be for you!
As our Campus Events Manager, you’ll join a highly supportive team who deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external clients, ensuring conferences run smoothly and guests are satisfied with the quality of the event, the facilities, and the service they receive. Using your leadership skills, you’ll guide your team to success, providing ongoing training and effectively developing and managing a your team.
The University of Manchester, Conferences and Venues (C&V) provides conference venues, accommodation and services throughout the University. We offer year-round dedicated conference facilities to multi sited venues for various national and international events. We pride ourselves on offering a high-quality service in both conference facilities and events services.
Due to the requirements of the events, there will be some early morning, evening and weekend work involved with this role.
You’ll focus on:
• Carrying out competent, supportive, and motivational leadership for a specific Conference and Venues operations team.
• Overseeing performance leadership to the team; addressing matters of employee conduct and performance via agreed ‘best practice standards’.
• Participating in employee recruitment, professional development, welfare, performance and other related matters.
• Ensuring that all Campus Conference and Venue facility and service requirements are planned, prepared, and delivered on a consistent and timely basis.
• Ensuring that all conference and delegate registration services are carefully planned, prepared and delivered to the customer’s requirements and to the agreed quality standards.
• Monitoring expenditure and income aligned to agreed budgets, and to respond/pro-act accordingly on a continuous basis to ensure financial efficiency.
• Overseeing and monitor Health & Safety (H&S) requirements within the scope of the role.
As a successful Campus Events Manager, you will have the following:
• A qualification in an Events Management-related subject, or professional qualifications (s) combined with demonstratable professional skill and/or knowledge gained through relevant industry experience.
• Knowledge and awareness of the major challenges impacting the overall conference and meetings/hospitality business.
• A working knowledge of leading operational compliance for Health & Safety Regulations related to conference business operations.
• Evidence of readily accepting individual accountability and effective use of initiative in leadership as a norm.
What you will get in return:
• Fantastic market leading Pension scheme.
• Excellent employee health and wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance Programme.
• Exceptional starting annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays.
• Additional paid closure over the Christmas period.
• Local and national discounts at a range of major retailers.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Hybrid working arrangements may be considered.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Any recruitment enquiries from recruitment agencies should be directed to People.Recruitment@manchester.ac.uk
Any CV’s submitted by a recruitment agency will be considered a gift.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"