Who we are
Established in 1999 with 20 years experience, Nirvana are a specialist travel and accommodation operator arranging travel, accommodation and event logistical services for thousands of athletes, clubs and spectators to events across the globe.
As one of the world leaders in multi-sport endurance travel, Nirvana supports athletes & spectators in their event journey to maximise event experiences, whilst helping to achieve athlete event aspirations.
With an unrivalled passion for both events and travel, Nirvana has the worldwide knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive travel solutions that are designed to take away the stress from event travel.
About the role
As part of our continued success and our ambitious growth plans we have created this new post within our sales team. The successful applicant will play an important role in the next stage of the company’s development.
As a Sales and Travel Consultant in a fast-paced environment you will be part of a successful and growing team that will be working with customers to identify, build and sell their perfect sports event travel package. By having an enquiring mind and really listening to our customers, you’ll help to identify the right products for them – whilst letting your passion and personality shine.
Key duties & responsibilities
• Respond to customer enquiries made via email, telephone and web chat
• Liaise with customers on events, destinations, flights, hotels, & event logistics
• Build rapport with customers & use effective questioning & conversational techniques
• Prepare quotes & travel itineraries, effectively communicating quotes to customers
• Close sales, accurately formalising bookings, whilst corresponding with customers
• Initiate various follow up sales enquiries including quote conversion, cross/up selling
• Deliver sales, outstanding customer experience, & operational expectations
• Represent the company at various events, familiarisation trips, & exhibitions worldwide
The successful candidate will have
• A minimum 2 years experience of working in a travel sales environment
• Knowledge & experience of a Global Distribution System (desirable)
• Strong & effective telephone communication skills including inbound sales
• A genuine passion for sales & delivering first class customer service
• An ability to work under pressure & prioritise competing demands
• An understanding and interest in sport and travel
• A positive & enthusiastic attitude whilst being a great team player
What we offer In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You will also be eligible for the following:
• Basic Salary of £20,000 -£25,000 per annum, OTE £30,000+
• 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
• Employer pension contribution
• Travel Insurance
• Personal Progression Plan
• Annual bonus scheme
• Uncapped commission
• Free car parking
Permanent, full-time post with weekly hours of 37.5.
Working arrangements are flexible, working 5 over 7 between 8am and 8pm but flexible hours, including WFH and remotely would be considered.
Where are we
The successful candidate will be based at Silverlink Business Park, Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 but remotely would be considered.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply" attaching your CV and additional details.
• Company pension
• Employee discount
• Free parking
• On-site parking
• Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus scheme
• Commission pay
• Yearly bonus
• Travel Agent/Flight Sales: 1 year (required)