Barrhead Travel is on the look-out for our business leaders of the future. We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to lead and support our team in our Birkenhead branch.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced retail travel expert who is looking to take their career to the next level in a business where the sky really is the limit when it comes to career progression.
About the role:
Delivering results, including driving individual and store targets as well as achievement set KPIs
Inspire, motivate and mentor a sales team helping them flourish and ensure they reach their potential
Work with your team on their own Personal Development Plans and set goals for progression and achievement
Bring new ideas to the table for business growth, driving in-store events and liaising with marketing to work on a localised marketing strategy
Ensure your store is delivering on all sales targets and is contributing to business profitability
Stand as a proud ambassador for Barrhead Travel, ensuring positive brand promotion internally and externally
Lead with exceptional customer service and have a real passion for people.
You will be responsible for ensuring key business messages and decisions are clearly communicated to your team
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working in a retail travel agency store is required
- Genuine passion for the travel industry
- Tenacious and driven with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- You’ll be a leader by nature, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team on a daily basis
- Flexible and adaptable to changeable or reactive situations
- You should be very commercially aware, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping abreast of competitor activity
- Communication skills are essential – we’re looking for an individual that can confidently communicate with people at all levels of the business and adapt accordingly when speaking with clients
What we offer:
At Barrhead Travel, we don’t simply offer jobs. We offer careers, with real development and growth prospects. You’ll also be joining a family of brilliant colleagues; we love working hard but we play even harder. We were recently named as one of the top 100 employers in the UK to work with. Take a look at some of the many Travel Perks we offer our staff:
- Competitive base salary with uncapped earnings through our commission and bonus schemes - you earn on everything you sell
- The opportunity to travel the world, thanks to our incredible worldwide familiarisation trips which are designed to enhance your product knowledge and customer service skills
- A Personal Development Plan and our commitment to continued training, development, and career progression - share your career-goals with us and we’ll work together to help you achieve them
- A varied company benefits scheme which includes amazing discounts with UK high street retailers
- Generous staff discounts on your own holidays plus discounts available for family and friends
- 34 days annual leave - well, you need time to enjoy those amazing holiday discounts, don’t you
- Perfect attendance reward - £100 holiday voucher
- Refer a friend incentive - £500 reward
- Company pension scheme
- Long service rewards – love to shop vouchers and celebratory long service lunch or dinner with your colleagues and management
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company, selling a product you love, whilst reaping the rewards of an extremely generous bonus structure within a fun and exciting industry.