This leading destination specialist Tour Operator is looking for a dynamic Travel Specialist to join their team as a Travel Consultant. In this role you sell bespoke and package holidays to a range of inspiring destinations, matching the customer requirements and managing the customer journey from start to finish, being the point of contact throughout. On top of a fantastic basic salary of £28k to £30k plus uncapped commission, you will also have the opportunity to experience their diverse range of destinations for yourself on regular educational trips.
Travel Consultant - Role & Responsibilities:
- Put together bespoke package tours together to meet customer requirements.
- Responding to reservations over the phone, via email, live chat, video and in person.
- Maximise upselling opportunities, including the sale of ancillary products to achieve revenue targets.
- Deal with customer queries, providing exceptional personalised customer service
- Achieving and exceeding Sales targets.
- Regular follow ups to help maximise conversion and provide feedback as to non-conversion.
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of the destinations and product range.
- Build and maintain a loyal customer base by maintaining contact and encouraging repeat business.
- Provide exceptional destination advice and general guidance to customers to assist from first point of contact throughout the customer journey.
- Cross sell across to other destinations appropriate to the customers needs.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and products for the destinations you sell
- Produce customer documents and ensure it is sent within the company timeline guidelines.
- Be the point of contact for the customer throughout their booking journey and maintain regular contact with them throughout.
- Provide out of hours cover on a rota basis for the emergency phone (2 to 3 times per year)
Travel Consultant - Skills & Experience required:
- In depth knowledge of Worldwide destinations, ideally the Nordic regions, but not essential.
- Excellent sales expertise and proven ability to achieve sales targets within a travel sales environment.
- Exceptional customer service and administrative skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload and keep track of bookings to ensure your customers are supported throughout their journey from time of booking to the time they return home.
- Knowledge of Amadeus GDS is an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate and ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Results and target driven, and self motivated.
- Previous successful candidates have been from reservations, Travel Consultant, Travel Agent or Reservations consultant, Tailor-made Consultant, Travel Specialist, Travel Advisor.
Travel Consultant - Additional Information:
- Salary £28k to £30k dependent on experience plus uncapped commission
- Hybrid office / home based role, 2 days in the office (after training)
- Monday to Friday 9 to 5, with Saturdays on a rota (approx. 1 in 4).
- Out of hours phone cover on a rota basis (2 to 3 times per year) with additional payment of £250 per week
- Range of staff benefits including discounted travel, health cash plan, subsided
- Gym membership, wide range of well being initiatives & social events.
Please apply for the position of Travel Consultant online or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk