Our client are an East African specialist Tour Operator, now seeking a Travel Consultant to join their UK remote team to create some exceptional & breath-taking adventure trips of a lifetime, covering luxury tailor-made safaris, tours, lodges and African beaches. As an East African Specialist, you will be expected to provide customized travel itineraries to customers, develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, and continuously update your knowledge of the East African territory.
- Manage East African inbound enquiries, build relationships with new prospects, and work with our client’s international partners to design the right trip for them Delight the customers by being proactive, anticipating questions before they become questions and delivering value far beyond their competitors
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to prepare and present itineraries, explaining the choices made and how the trip aligns with their dreams, budget, and appetite for adventure
- Add value to every customer’s booking journey by providing useful and insightful information on their trip, the destination, and our partners, preparing them for the adventure of a lifetime
- Own the sales pipeline, hitting monthly sales targets. You will not be responsible for customer support post-booking, so you’ll have full bandwidth to focus on driving sales and delivering revenue
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- You’re an experienced UK based Travel Consultant who has sold and is hugely passionate about East Africa and the wider continent
- We appreciate you might know some destinations better than others, but excellent product knowledge of at least Tanzania and Kenya is essential
- You have a desire to help visitors understand East Africa and provide a positive impact both environmentally and socially on the destinations being sold
- You are creative and ambitious, and have the opportunity to shape the future of this boutique East African specialist tour operator
What’s on offer?
- Basic salary £37,000 - £42,000 per annum with additional performance-based bonus £45-60k OTE
- UK Remote / Homeworking
- 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
- Opportunity to play a pivotal role in the growth of the company and grow as they do
- 28 days holiday
- L&D budget
- Opportunity to travel to East African destinations, both for work and for fun!
This is a great opportunity not to be missed. When applying for this position, please forward a cover note listing the destinations you have travelled to in East Africa and Continent.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.